Registered Architect, Theatrical Set Designer, Carpenter, and Cabinet Maker with 10+ years experience in architectural design, project management, building design and construction, digital modeling and rendering, and furniture design and woodworking. Highly motivated, creative, and versatile.
Architectural specialization and experience in the following areas: Elderly Housing, Institutional Infrastructure, Office/Government, Education, Affordable Housing, and Commercial/Retail projects.
Architectural Project Manager, Mather Architects – Harrisonburg, VA (2014 – Present)
- Oversee all aspects of the project design and construction process from inception to completion;
- Interface and collaborate directly with clients, consultants, and the allied disciplines in project development;
- Coordinate and facilitate communication between consultants and clients to ensure project milestones;
- Generate, coordinate, and redline construction document drawing packages for contractor bidding;
- Maintain comprehensive documentation and electronic filing to facilitate architect/client/contractor communication;
- Generate digital modeling and rendering material for use in project presentations and marketing materials;
- Specification writer.
Architectural Designer/Team Leader/Intern, FPW Architects – Charlottesville, VA (2010 – 2014)
- Interfaced and collaborated directly with clients in project development;
- Coordinated and facilitated communication between project consultants;
- Maintained comprehensive project documentation and electronic filing;
- Generated digital modeling and rendering material and coordinate the production of project presentation material;
- Designed, managed, and maintained company website;
- Provided office IT support and managed company’s continuing education program.
Interim Theatrical Technical Director, Live Arts – Charlottesville, VA (2012)
- Served as interim technical director for the production of stage production of Hairspray;
- Coordinated technical aspects of a theatrical production;
- Coordinated and managed a volunteer based crew in the construction and technical rigging of a theatrical production;
- Scheduled and budgeted all technical and materials needs for a theatrical production;
- Coordinated volunteer outreach, recruitment, education, mentoring, and coordination of volunteers in the construction process.
Carpenter/Cabinet Maker, Blue River Woodworking – Charlottesville, VA (2010 – 2014)
- Produced shop drawings for cabinet production and material take-offs;
- Generated digital models and rendering for client presentations;
- Aided in the design, construction, and installation of cabinets and furniture.
Intern Architect, Bundy Architecture & Engineering – Abingdon, VA (2007 – 2009)
- Generated and coordinated the production of presentation materials, models, and project rendering;
- Generated construction document drawing packages including mechanical, electrical, and plumbing designs;
- Learned CAD, project documentation procedures, and assisted in client presentations.
Apprentice Carpenter & Cabinet Maker, Joel Harte Cabinet Shop – Abingdon, VA (1999-2009)
- Learned and developed an extensive knowledge base of the design, fabrication, and finishing of cabinetry and furniture;
- Learned and developed and extensive skill base of tools, joinery, and wood construction techniques.
Live Arts – Charlottesville, VA (2009 – 2014)
Scenic Designer and Master Carpenter on more than a dozen productions.
Four County Players – Barboursville, VA (2015 – Present)
Scenic Designer and set construction volunteer.
GOALS & Building Goodness Foundation – Destra, Haiti (2015 – 2016)
Traveled to Haiti and designed a multi-purpose community center building for the residents of Destra, Haiti
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, CAUS – Blacksburg, VA (2002 – 2007) Earned a Bachelor of Architecture with a Minor in Industrial Design.
OS ● Windows, OS X, Linux
GRAPHIC & WEB ● Adobe Creative Suite, Dreamweaver, HTML, WordPress
DESIGN ● AutoCAD Architecture, SketchUp, Revit, FormZ, Kerkythea
OFFICE ● Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Outlook
MANUAL SKILLS ● Drafting, Modeling Building and Rendering, Hand Drawing, Woodworking and Carpentry
PROJECT MANAGEMENT ● Client Interaction and Communication, Project Documentation and Organization, Program Development, Refinement, and Implementation, Drawing Production and Review, Code Analysis, Consultant Collaboration and Management, Contractor Management and Communication, Personnel Management, Problem Solving, Conflict Resolution.